HI! I’m Heather.
A born and raised Iowa girl. Personal Trainer and Certified Nutrition Coach for Moms.
Because once you become a mom, everything changes. Your time is limited, you’ve never been busier, and it’s just becomes natural to put yourself on the back burner.
Don’t put yourself on the back burner!
I’m proud to have created an Online Fitness Coaching Program for busy moms who have almost no time to workout. Their body composition changes have been super cool to see, but what is even better is seeing how their mental health has improved with regular exercise and a realistic attitude towards nutrition.
See I’m not a perfect eater and I don’t expect my clients to be.
In fact I ENCOURAGE them to indulge once in awhile.
The Problem I See With Healthy Eating
In my 4 years of coaching moms what I’ve learned is that so many of us are falling victim to the “clean eating” mentality.
You want to get healthier, maybe lose some weight, so you start eating “clean.”
Now I’m all for choosing more nutritious food. ALL FOR IT. The problem, in my opinion though, is that too many women are classifying themselves “good” when they eat healthy food and “bad” when they eat something that isn’t healthy.
I believe that we have to get more comfortable living in a world where you can eat both (in moderation) and it can be perfectly fine.
You can have a cookie (filled with white sugar, flour, and butter) and still be a healthy person.
Eating kale certainly is nutritious but it isn’t going to give you super powers.
There is no perfect eating. There is simply doing the best you can and letting every meal, every snack, be a chance to start fresh.
A Few Things To Know About Me
- Iowa Native, Aspiring to have a home in Southern California (I hate the cold), former realtor, and travel junkie.
- Mom of 2 Daughters. Dog mom to Faith. Wife to a guy I kinda like
- Total coffee snob. Best part of my day: Drinking coffee alone. Worse part of my day: When my coffee is empty.
- Funny enough though, I didn’t drink coffee until after my 2nd kid was born
- Terrified of mascots. Which is fitting since my husband proposed to me in a gorilla suit
- Speaking of my husband he snores but I kind of like him.
- Dog lover. Hoping for a Bernese Mountain Dog for my next birthday
- My pet peeves are people who breathe too loudly, people who pick at their nails and skin, and strangers who try to touch my baby (get your dirty hands off my kid you creeper).
- I refused to let anyone touch my belly when I was pregnant. In fact I created a PSA to get my point across
- I got my Crossfit trainer certification in California when I was 8 weeks pregnant and sick as a dog. Yeah that was fun, not.
do not believe in wearing sweatpants in public between the hours of 8 am and 7 pm.Fuck it. I wear what I want when I want to.
- While we are talking about yoga pants I am obsessed with Lululemon.
- I LOVE music but I cannot read, type, or write if its on. Seriously my brain turns to mush. I might have a disability.
- Instagram Stories Lover. I don’t mean to brag, but people tell me my shit is really funny.