Someone besides my family and friends likes my writing!!!! I’m so excited to announce that I recently got picked up as a blogger for the hit mom site Rookie Moms. Rookie Moms is a website devoted to giving moms ideas for things to do with their babies and themselves because sometimes we just need new ideas.
I’ll be contributing a few times a month to share my adventures with Piper completing their 52 weekly challenges. We’ll be out on the town taking baby yoga classes, bothering people at work, crying during movies, you get the idea. I’ll document the whole thing and share it with you all for your entertainment. These posts will appear exclusively the Rookie Mom’s site so head over there and like their Facebook page. Don’t worry though, I’ll make sure to update my new Hot and Healthy Life page so as long as you “Like” me there, you won’t miss it.
I get to share this awesome journey with 5 other mama’s who will be doing the same thing so if you are looking for some new blogs to follow, definitely check these ladies out, I’m already loving their stuff.
If you’re one of the loyal Rookie Mom’s followers and you’ve made your way here to check me out, here is the lowdown on me.
- I’m 30 years old
- I’ve been married to my husband Tyler for a year and a half. My favorite thing about him is that he is hilarious (you’ll learn this as you read more of my stuff)
- We had our first child, Piper, in November. She has transformed our world and I love being her mom
- I’m a crazy dog lady. My dog, George Michael, is a poorly behaved Vizsla who keeps life interesting
- I swear, kind of a lot. Sometimes you just need to say fuck to let people know how serious you are about something. (Special note if you have any tricks to help me tone this down before my kid is old enough to understand I’d appreciate it)
- I was a real estate agent for 6 years before I decided to retire to be Piper’s mom
- I was a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition so I know a thing or two about healthy eating
- I am a certified life coach but I’m not currently taking on new clients
- I’m a Level 1 Crossfit Trainer as well as a Barre Instructor. Fitness is a HUGE passion of mine
- I’ve never seen “classic movies” like ET, Footloose, Days of Thunder, or Top Gun. This drives my husband crazy
- I’m terrified of mascots
- I love to travel. Greatest trips so far are definitely Australia and Bora Bora, I’m hopeful to see Europe in the next few years.
- I’m super organized, disorganization makes me crazy.
- In addition to being organized I’m kind of anal about my house. If you move something a couple inches out of place it will drive me crazy and I will have to move it back. This should be interesting now that I have a child.
- I’m obsessed with taking pictures so if you like looking at pictures make sure to check me out on Instagram
- My mentors are Marie Forleo, Gary Vaynerchuk, Annie Lala, Mitch Matthews, and Brene Brown. I’ve learned so much from this bunch and I highly recommend them if you are looking for some inspiration in life, love, or business.
- To stay up to date I’d love to have you sign up on the blog for updates, follow me on instagram, facebook, and/or twitter.
Did you check out the 52 challenges page? In the comments below I’d love to hear which challenge you’d like Piper and I to tackle first!